Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Brief Update From the Road

Mom is out on a 22-mile trail run from Tuolumne Meadows to Yosemite Valley so Selah and I "headed to town"(Lee Vining) after going for a good hour run of our own. I don't have much of an update because I can't find the stinkin' camera cord. I'll work on a proper update on mikeandjoy.net once I locate the cord (a slight challenge) and find the time (a huge challenge).

We've been staying busy in the Tuolumne Meadows region of Yosemite National Park. Joy's parents left yesterday and we got plenty of climbing, running and hiking in with them. I climbed the Salathe Wall on El Capitan about a week ago, spending one night on the wall. That was a big goal on the tick list this summer. Joy and I have been enjoying some great cragging together. Yesterday we did a couple of 200-foot long face pitches that were delightful. Joy's dad and I did some nice multi-pitch climbs together including the classic Cathedral Peak.

Currently, I'm sitting in the van outside the Mono Cone, a classic old-school burger joint.

Well, Selah recently awoke from her nap in the van and I just heard her let out a massive poop. So.... I guess I better tend to business.

More soon!

No comments: