Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Arm Wrasslin

Yesterday was a great day. It started out right with a long run with El. We planned on running for an hour and a half or so and ended up doing 2 1/2 hours, 17.5 miles, 1800 feet of elevation gain, followed by a steep power hike up a nearby trail. Training training training! I planned on having a nice relaxed evening, early to bed, a couple glasses of wine....then my friend came over and convinced me to go to an arm wrestling tournament that didn't even start until 10:00 (a good 30 minutes past my bedtime). We dressed up and rallied and had a blast. That is the most partying I have done in as long as I can remember. I only made it to round 2, but I was psyched!


My saucy diggs.



Round 2 facing off with Kitty Krusher. I hung on for a long time, but couldn't beat her. There were some really strong ladies in attendance!



Awesomeness.



Catherine ?, Meghan "Phoenix" D, me "Rockin' Rhonda", and Kathleen "Head Huntress" Jones

7 comments:

grandma marge said...

OMG

Addie said...

I love it - but I totally didn't recognize you in the first picture! Wowza - you rule, lady!

meg said...

Joy you never cease to amaze us. Don't know anyone like YOU!

Mapp said...

Now, what we really would like to see is you racing your next ultra in that outfit.

joseph.david.white@gmail.com said...

haha. Made me laugh out loud!

Love it!

j & h

lanerdoo said...

Joy, You're a riot! You always seem to have something wild going on... I love it.

Lindsey K said...

I think next should be indian leg wrastlin.....this is awesome!