Mike, Selah, and I went for a hike last week up Avalanche Creek, on the southern flank of Mount Sopris. The colors are changing right now--the oranges, reds, yellows of the aspens were breathtaking.
Little one finally fits in the Ergo piggyback--so comfy!!
And here we are yesterday after my half marathon. What is missing????
About 12 inches...
I ran it in 1:48:16, which is a PR (personal record) by almost 50 minutes. Considering my only other half was last year's Vegas at 5 1/2 months prego, I guess a 50 minute improvement isn't that impressive. I was happy with my time, which was 8:15/mile pace, even though El schooled me with her 1:38. I have never been great at the road races, but it was nice to just tune out and not to have to think about every step and every rock! El and I both thought of this as the first step towards next summer's hundy. I call it "hundy" because the words "one hundred miler" look way too scary.
There was also a 5K option yesterday, which Mike and Selah won! They were in the paper and you can read the article here. Mike has an official stroller PR of 19:12 for the 5K now.
Thanks for all the great ideas regarding the new healthy weight loss group with my students. We had our second meeting tonight and they did the following:
- Calculated current and goal weights and BMI's (charts will start next week per their request)
- Formed accountability partners for exercise. They agreed to partner up and exercise together 4 mornings this week. I had them write down the time and place that they would meet. Their exercise instructions were to run 1 minute, walk 1 minute for 30 minutes. I also encouraged them to just get out and walk if they had unexpected free time.
- Agreed to use the salad plates as dinner plates. The plates are smaller, which will help control portion size.
- Agreed to drink a large glass of water with every meal.
- Agreed to have 1/2 of lunch and dinner plates consist of veggies.
- Agreed to keep food journals for 3 of the next 7 days, including 1 weekend day.