Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 3, 2009

The FINAL Belly Shot

Well, here it is, the final belly shot for Joy.

Her water broke yesterday and she started having some "gentle" contractions. She went to bed but couldn't really sleep so she got up around 2:30 and laid on the couch and moved around having contractions and catching rest/sleep inbetween. She's pretty excited to finally be in active labor. Yesterday afternoon she called me to tell me to come home early from climbing but I was a little wary because I had heard the false call a number of times before. Now, we've got our own little birthing ward set up in the living room. It's raining steadily outside and we've got a great fire going in the fireplace. The scene is incredibly peaceful and serene. It's baby time!

And, just for laughs, I failed horribly at grilled cheese the other day. I guess you could say I got a little distracted. Joy laughed so hard she peed her pants! Really, to think about it now, my little snafu was probably what induced labor for Joy. I'll tell her to thank me later.
P.S. Please hold your calls but we'll try to keep everyone updated via the blog. Unless that is, you're calling to bring me some Thai Sweet and Sour Shrimp from Zheng's. In that case, I could make an exception. In the meantime, keep praying for us and wishing Joy and the Blueberry the best.

6 comments:

Sari Anderson said...

Awesome! Mike, I'm making some bread for Joy. Call me if you guys need anything else! Love, Sari

meg said...

Good job Mike. Looks like today is the day. Hang in there! Zheng's will have to wait....til we get there.
Am praying for y'all!
Meggie

Mike Schneiter said...

We went to Taipei Tokyo last night. I had a Dynamite Roll and the Tangerine Double. It was awesome! And, I have leftovers. If I really want some, they deliver. Thanks for your prayers!

SKS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Reese said...

Hooray! So excited for y'all - I could barely sleep last night :) Thanks for the update and we will continue to pray for you, Joy, and blueberry.

aubyn said...

We started laughing with Lane and she also went into labor. :) But Ill let her tell the story...