Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 24, 2009

Picture Time! Selah's third week.

Selah is three weeks old today. Time has flown by! She has started smiling and can lift her head and turn it from side to side. She has much more awake time now than when she was first born, which is fun for us. She makes all kinds of sweet little baby noises that melt our hearts.


We think they're smiles, might just be gas pain.



Wide-eyed cutie.



I do sleep sometimes, just not very often these days.



Yesterday, Mike and I celebrated our 4th anniversary. We took Selah out climbing with ropes (not just bouldering) for the first time. I don't think she really noticed what we were doing, but she was happy to spend the time outside. Here we are on the hike to the crag.





Selah giving daddy beta while holding the draw. ("You hold it like this dad!")



How she spent the majority of the afternoon.



Mama back on the rock for the first time! It feels a little tough because my core muscles are so weak, but I had a blast! What a fun way to get my core back in shape. I am also excited to report that I have been running consistently--I did about 30 miles in the last week. It is getting easier but still feels like a slog.



Perfectly cute little nugget.

4 comments:

meg said...

You are looking good mama! Glad to see you found a cute pink hoodie for precious.

cathy said...

Selah is so beautiful. I think i can see a resemblance to you, Joy, when you were such a wee one. Can't wait to see her in person!
love, Cathy

Reese said...

What a great picture of the three of you! I am so jealous of your sunny weather...only 2 weeks till I can enjoy it with you!

lacy rain said...

I LOVE her hair! I never see babies with that much hair unless they are latino! I am so happy for you guys, it seems you are adjusting well, I love reading the updates!